Already using TCPDF to generate PDF.
The following use case:
- user needs to generate 1000 unique different PDF and attach each PDF to a unique user in database
- user clicks a button named 'Generate 1,000 PDFs'
- PDFs are generated, stored in a file system, and file information inserted into database
The problem is:
- a button click in Web Browser waits for the process to complete
- the process to complete takes time, 30 minutes to a few hours, variable
How to 'fork' the process, run it in a different 'thread'?
( that should have been the topic question, and how to best handle with Kohana)